Saturday, March 26

{Word Work Sheets}

Word Wall Words Activities

Wow, this is one of the first pages I ever made! It looks so simple now with all the fonts I've recently become obsessed with. Haha. But it still works great! :)

This is the Word Wall Activity sheet that I use each week. I use this time to have my students practive their Word Wall, or Sight, Words for the week as well as do some phonological awareness activities. This is what a typical weeks activities look like:

Monday - Put this weeks sight words in alphabetical order
Tuesday - Rhyming words
Wednesday - "Word Detectives" I give them clues to which word wall word I'm thinking of (from all of our words from the year, not just this weeks). It would sound something like this... "I'm thinking of a verb. This verb has one silent letter. If I changed the "t" in talk to a "w", I would have this word. My word is... walk!! 
Thursday - Use your word wall words in a sentence. 
Friday - Students are assessed on their ability to spell the words and use them in a sentence on their spelling test. 

This is just an example, every week looks a little different. That's why I like the flexibility of this sheet.

Spelling Tic Tac Toe Homework

Here is my weekly spelling homework. I change out the activities every few weeks. This is just my regular list, I also have a challenge and modified list. The activities are a little different on these version as well. Make sure you download the text version so you can change it and use it in your classroom!

Hope these are useful! Have a fantastic weekend!

TEACH ON!

3 comments:

  1. I love the name of your blog... that should be tattoed on my forehead :)

    http://queenofthefirstgradejungle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those two worksheets, and they bring back so many memories of my first grade teaching years! I taught public school for 8 years before becoming a mommy and homeschool teacher. :) Hope your school week so going well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad that I found your site! I love your nonfiction features paper...thanks for the freebie. I'm a new follower and I'm looking forward to reading more of your posts. If you ever need some higher level stuff for your 2nd graders, check out my 3rd grade blog.
    Kelley=3rd
    http://randalllearninglibrary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete